Reference number: HQ-1203
You work in an international and agile R&D team with the goal to enable and extend technology leadership in photovoltaics through technological innovations. Your task is to strengthen the tandem technology expertise within our team, and to apply this expertise to develop next-generation products and technologies. Your focus will lie on the silicon bottom cell of perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells.
Releases new energy - your commitment:
- You are responsible for the development of the silicon bottom cell of high-efficiency tandem solar cells in our state-of-the-art R&D facility in Thalheim near Leipzig/Halle/Berlin.
- Your research and development focus is the fabrication of the silicon bottom cell for perovskite-silicon tandem solar cells, with a focus on cost efficiency and suitability for mass production.
- You closely collaborate within an international interdisciplinary R&D and manufacturing network to identify and steer development activities.
- You initiate experiments, and monitor and accompany their execution at critical points.
- You create high-quality evaluations and reports of your results and provide clear decision templates to management.
- You accompany the introduction of new developments into mass production at our international manufacturing sites and solve problems that arise.
- In a dynamic team, you actively participate in discussions and make suggestions for new branches and directions of research and development.
Combines passion with know-how - your profile:
- You have successfully completed your engineering or science degree, and ideally have obtained a PhD.
- You have gained extensive knowledge and experience in the physics, fabrication and characterization of silicon solar cells, ideally with high-temperature passivating contacts and with perovskite-on-silicon tandem solar cells.
- You ideally have gained special knowledge in the areas of statistical data analysis and DoE (planning, implementation and evaluation of experiments).
- You ideally have worked in the PV or semiconductor industry.
- You are goal-oriented and have a systematic and analytical working style. Team work and organizational skills are equally among your strengths.
- You are confident in dealing with MS Office and ideally have in-depth knowledge of statistical software.
- Very good spoken and written English skills round off your profile and enable you to work successfully in a global company. You are willing to embark on business trips worldwide. Fluent German is a plus.
And this is how we back you up:
- Arrival made easy: With the help of a welcome training and an orientation plan, we introduce you to your new tasks in a structured manner. A personal mentor will be at your side with help and advice.
- Moving forward together: In a collegial atmosphere we live open communication, support each other and share our knowledge. In addition, we promote your professional and personal development with further training opportunities.
- Your commitment pays off: We reward your commitment with fair remuneration based on international standards, consisting of a fixed and a flexible component - based on the achievement of objectives. On top of this, you can count on capital-forming benefits, a company pension scheme and accident insurance.
- Work-Life-Balance: The compatibility of family and career is a major concern for us. In our \"Glückspilz\" daycare center, your little ones are well cared for. And so that there is enough time for the family away from work, you have 30 days of vacation per year at your disposal.
- Good for body and soul: A subsidized canteen with healthy, freshly cooked menus and a wide range of health offers from our Q.CARE program, e.g. flu vaccinations, massages or preventive medical checkups, ensure that you stay fit - because the well-being of our employees is close to our heart.
- Mobile on all routes: We offer you flexible working hours and the possibility of mobile working. Our shuttle service from Bitterfeld station to the Solar Valley makes your way to work as comfortable as possible. But also as a car driver you will always find a free parking space in our car park. Well-equipped, barrier-free offices and meeting rooms complete the overall picture.
We don't just dream of a better future.
We make it a reality together.
A company with the sun in its heart
As a full-service provider of clean energy solutions, we supply residential and commercial end customers with solar modules and systems as well as power storage. We provide integrated services such as power contracts to provide access to 100% clean electricity. Our global center for technology, innovation and quality is located at our site in Thalheim. From our new office at Südkreuz in Berlin, we manage our sales and distribution as well as the advancement of our services.